This week we met with the builder on the lot to discuss the final grading, water control, and the last remaining steps. The supervisor was hoping to get it turned over to us by the end of next week but some additional rain next week might delay that. Workers have been busy getting us closer to that goal though.
On the exterior, we have seamless gutters and downspouts installed. The lot also had its last rough grade. The stone veneer has been put on and we love how it finishes off the look of the house. Around the side of the house, we have a small deck/walkway that wraps around to the back screen room. At the back of the house, not much has changed other than the chimney cap getting put on. At this point, they will need to power wash the house, repair any damaged siding and give the house its final coat of paint.
Moving inside, the stone veneer has been placed around the raised hearth and fireplace surround up to the mantle. The oak tread staircase, railings, and front door are getting stained a rich walnut color to match the dark wood floors through the rest of the house.
Here are some pictures of the progress from this past week:
Here are the items still left to complete:
- Interior paint and trim touch up – WIP
- Stain hardwood landing, stairs, mantle – WIP
- Appliance installation – This weekend?
- Fine grading, landscaping, extend drainage pipes around basement of house – Monday, March 25th
- Sun room screens – Next week?
- Power wash exterior, second coat of paint – Next week?
- Irrigation installation – TBD
Punch list items:
- Replace spray foam over sprayed roof shingles (shingles delivered Wednesday, March 20th)
- Repair damaged brickwork
- Replace damaged window glazing beads
- Repair scratches on hardwood floors
- Repair damaged dryer vent connection